Monday 9 February 2015

New EastEnders pictures have been released offering a first look at the moment that Peggy Mitchell comes face-to-face with the Queen Vic's newest landlord Mick Carter.

Peggy, played by Barbara Windsor, is returning to Walford for one episode which will air as part of the BBC soap's 30th anniversary celebrations next week.


While Peggy has other reasons for heading back to Albert Square, she can't resist paying a visit to The Vic and fans can look forward to a must-see scene as she meets Mick for the first time.

Danny Dyer, who plays Mick, has revealed that he was delighted to have the opportunity to briefly work alongside Windsor.

"It was a real moment when I got told because for me, I think EastEnders had some of its best moments when Barbara was at the helm. So it was a shame that when I came in, Barbara was no longer in the show. So when I was told Barbara was coming back for an episode and doing a scene with me, it was just a real moment of like, 'Wow, wow, it's gonna happen! I think we were both a little bit nervous, to be honest with you. I was a bit nervous obviously because Barbara was the matriarch. It's an intimidating place to act in The Vic, so we were both nervous together and I think that worked beautifully. She's a beautiful lady and I think we both inspired each other in different ways. I've known Barbara for a little while but not well. But she was lovely. She wound me up and said, 'Oi you, I want a word with you!' I was like, 'Oh no, here we go', and then she wound me up and gave me a big cuddle. It was lovely to be around her. Barbara is a real force and a real presence and a massive EastEnders fan. She gave me the thumbs up which is a massive thing!" Danny said.


Airs Tuesday, February 17th